Are you putting first things first in your life? This summer at Highpoint Church
, I taught a series that focused on this idea. What would it look like to prioritize Holiness, Home and Health? I’ve listed the “bottom line” from each message and provided links to each of the messages so you can catch up where you missed or review a message. These statements also serve as great status updates or Tweets for social media! (By the way, you should be following me @andysavage
Also, I’ve included a few Bible verses that you can memorize, if you so choose, to apply the principle of James 1:22-24, "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.”
I hope you enjoyed the series! May God strengthen you as you put First Things First!
1. “The Big Rock” Bottom line: Salvation is not just deliverance from our sin, it is delivery into holiness.
2. “The Jesus Nut” Bottom line: The pursuit of holiness is ALWAYS the pursuit of total dependence upon Jesus.
3. “The Father Factor” Bottom line: True fatherhood means giving your children a taste and glimpse of their Heavenly Father.
8. “Just Do It.” Bottom line: We all need a steady diet of God’s word so that we experience a steady transformation in our lives.
- 1 Peter 1:15-16 "But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”
- Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 "God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."
- Mark 10:9 "Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate."
- Ephesians 6:4 "Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord."
- Proverbs 5:18 "May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth."
- Hebrews 13:4 "Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure”
- Proverbs 20:7 "The righteous man leads blameless life; blessed are his children after him."
- John 13:34-35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.”
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”