Just as the school year ended, my wife had a brilliant idea! She could see it coming, summertime at home with five boys, 11 and under. To be honest, my wife is an unbelievable mother and how she handles spending the majority of her life overseeing five boys is beyond me!
With school ending and summer rapidly approaching, my wife drafted a questionnaire for our boys. They were asked a variety of questions to get their thoughts on how we could have a great summer as a family. As you'll see below, these questions were straightforward and designed help us as parents know how to make summer 2015 a big success for each of them.
I've included the questionnaire below to give you an idea of how you can create a similar summer experience for your family. Feel free to steal the idea! Use the questions she's provided or come up with your own. Either way, we hope this encourages you to be an intentional parent and help you make the most of this summer.
Remember, you've got #7000days…use them wisely!
For more ideas on how to make the most of the summer with your family, listen to this episode of the Andy Savage Show. And check out Amanda's blog.
Best Summer Ever for your family questions:
- What's something you would like to do with just Mom this summer?
- What's something you would like to do with just Dad this summer?
- What is one way you think you could help Mom each day this summer?
- Is there anything else you'd like to tell Mom about your thoughts for the summer?
- What is one thing you really want to do this summer?
- What is your favorite breakfast? lunch? dinner? snack?
- What is your favorite restaurant?
- Do you like going to the zoo? yes or no
- Do you like going to the Green Line? yes or no
- Do you like going to the sprinkler park? yes or no
- Would you like to go see movies at the movie theater? yes or no
- What are 1 or 2 books you would like Mom to read to you this summer?